Monday 23 November 2020

Graffiti- Street art or crime?

This is my task for what my opinions are on graffiti and the men that were arrested. I found this activity really hard but I'm not sure why. I think the hardest part was to explain my thought about graffiti. My favorite part was looking at pictures of Graffiti vs. Street-art. To be BTB, I could have added more about my thoughts and opinions about graffiti.

Here is the link to the site that I used--> https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/art/features/graffiti-street-art-ndash-or-crime-868736.html

Task 2: Graffiti- Street art or crime? Read the article and then write a blog post about your thoughts on the topic. What do you think of Graffiti? Do you think those men should/shouldn’t have been arrested?

The difference between street-art and graffiti is that street-art is normally pictures, and normally has permission, whereas graffiti is normally words, and is messier. 

Many people think that graffiti is vandalism, but I think it depends on what the graffiti is. 

Graffiti vs. Street Art






Graffiti                            vs                     Street-art

Some graffiti looks like street-art. It sends a message and is a picture. This type of graffiti is what most people like. This also goes the other way. Some street-art looks like graffiti, so people don’t like it as much.

I think the men should have been arrested, but not for such a long time. I think that they should have asked for permission. They are such good artists that people would probably want to hire them for their art. They should respect the areas that people don’t want them to paint, but then again, that was the point; to make people notice their art. 

I think that they should get maybe a week in jail as a warning, then if they violate the rules again, they have a bigger punishment. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Miro, Ngairon here from Ahipara school. I really like your blog post about " Is graffiti good or bad " and I think it really explains everything about it. Maybe next time you could add subtitles to the paragraphs. Ka Pai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ngairon! It's Miro here. Thanks for your comment. I think your subtitle idea was really cool. Next time I will make sure to add subtitles! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.