Tuesday 12 May 2020

My labeled ecosystem

This is my ecosystem. I had to make it, then I had to take a picture and label it. I collected everything from around our house. The egg was from our fridge though.
It was hard to get the dirt and the grass because our lawn was mowed a few days ago and it was really short. It was also hard to get the water to stay in one place because it kept moving around. My favorite part was putting it all together because I could imagine an animal living in it. I caught a moth, but without a lid, it kept flying out, so I gave up on it. To be BTB, I could have made a stream with some sticks on the side to act as a river through the leaf forest.

2 comments:

  1. Kei runga noa atu! Outstanding mahi as always! I love the way you used resources from outside (and the fridge) to create your own ecosystem (I feel a little sorry for the moth though). What do you think would happen if you introduced a new species into your ecosystem once it was established?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Miss Farr. Thanks for your comment. I'm not sure what would happen if I introduced a new species into my ecosystem. The species would have to be one that could actually live in bush, so not a camel.

      Delete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.